- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forDouble Chocolate Banana Muffins
"These are the best muffins I've ever made, possibly the best ones I've ever eaten. I did half whole-wheat flour just for some added fiber and they were still incredibly rich and soft."
"These are good but I've had better chocolate banana muffins."
"The Interior of these muffins is supper moist. The outside has a wonderful crispy exterior with the streusel topping. I made these as the recipe states with the exception, I did use whole wheat pastry flour."
"I made these as mini muffins. I didn't make the topping since they are for the kids. They took 13 minutes to bake."
"Mixed the batter and baked it in a bread pan for 60 minutes. Delicious! Definitely a keeper!"
"These are SO good! easy to put together and bake up beautifully. They're dense and moist and you can really taste the banana and the chocolate. I didn't make the optional streusel topping but they really didn't need it. Great for breakfast, lunch, snack, or anytime! These are a keeper and I will definitely make these often! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful muffin recipe!"
"My kids (11 & 8) made these pretty much independently. Texture is fantastic - not dry at all and the bananas make it really sweet and perfect. Yum!"
"Just have to add one more rave review. Absolutely delicious. Doesn't really need the streusel topping. I made mini muffins and they are perfect for popping in your mouth on the way out the door in the morning. Yum."
"I made these muffins today as a coming home gift for our neighbours, very good. They only thing I changed is I didn't use all the streusel topping (only used about 1/3) as I thought it was too much. I made them a little smaller and got 15 muffins from the recipe."