Double-Chip Walnut Cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts and chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 229 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 30, 2012
This is the favorite in my house and among my friends. I leave out the nuts and sometimes change out the white chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips.