Double Chip Cookies
"These soft, yummy cookies were an instant hit the first time I made them," writes Lori Daniels from her Elkins, West Virginia kitchen.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 80 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Double Chip Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1998