- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; place in a 350° oven until melted. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over butter. Pour milk evenly over crumbs. Sprinkle with chips; press down firmly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forDouble Chip Bars
"I make this in a smaller pan, 11x7 size, and cut the bars into smaller pieces. They are thicker and easier to cut and hold together. Plus for potlucks, people like to try small pieces. I also substitute the chips for other flavors. It doesn't matter which flavors (they've all been good), as long as you have two cups of one and one cup of the other."
"I definitely added caramel, it was great!"
"Everyone loves these bars! I have never had any problems making them but I think the key is you have to let them sit and cool for a good while before trying to get them out of the pan. I even like to put them in the fridge for an hour or so to really get them settled before cutting."
"These were pretty tasty but I had the same problem as someone else in that they were hard to get out in one piece. I subbed butterscotch chips for PB. I also added some toffee bits and pecans to one small area just to try and it was good. Probably make these again, but not as a go too as they are pretty rich."
"I made these for the superbowl game last night. They were loose, crumbly, and difficult to take out. They were easy though and I may make them again with some modifications..."
"I made this for yesterday's superbowl game and wasn't too happy with the results. Although it is easy, the bottom was loose and crumbly and the bars were difficult to take out after they cooled. Perhaps next time, I will treat the graham crackers like a cheesecake crust and mix in a bowl with the butter then, press into the bottom of the pan. Also, spray the entire pan before baking."
"This is so easy to make and everyone loves it! I keep these ingredients on hand to make it at any time!"
"I've made these lots of times and they're wonderful! Milk chocolate chips are good in it, too."
"I use butterscotch chips instead of peanut butter chips & many have asked for the recipe! It is a favorite at our home."