Double-Cheese Eggs Benedict
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- POACHED EGGS:
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- For cheese sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Cover and keep warm.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip egg into water.
- Cook 4 eggs, uncovered, until whites are completely set, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- To assemble, top each muffin half with one slice Canadian bacon, one egg, cheese sauce and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2013
Double - Cheese Eggs Benedict is so tasteful & excellent
Sep 25, 2011
First time I've attempted eggs benedict. My wife is fussy and she loved this recipe. Thanks millions.