- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- POACHED EGGS:
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 8 cold eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- 1/2 cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- For cheese sauce, in a saucepan, melt butte. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Cover and keep warm.
- In a skillet with high sides, bring 2-3 in. of water and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. In two batches, break co.d eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the water surface, slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. With a slotted spoon, remove each egg. To assemble, top each muffin half with one slice Canadian bacon, one egg, cheese sauce and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forDouble-Cheese Eggs Benedict
"Double - Cheese Eggs Benedict is so tasteful & excellent"
"First time I've attempted eggs benedict. My wife is fussy and she loved this recipe. Thanks millions."