Double-Cheese Beef Pasta
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained and finely chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place half in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the beef mixture. Layer with sour cream and provolone cheese. Top with remaining pasta and beef mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 649 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1027mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein.
Nov 13, 2015
Big hit at our house! My only change was using fresh mushrooms, sauteed before adding.
Nov 6, 2011
I have made this recipe several times. It's one of my husband's favorites. Makes great leftovers too.
Sep 8, 2011
This recipe is awesome! I fixed it tonight for the first time and my husband and I thought it was excellent. I did use 3 cups of pasta instead and left out the mushrooms. I also used 2 8-oz cans of tomato sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce. And I put 2 cups of mozarella on top instead of 1. I will definitely make this again. Plus this makes a lot so we can get at least 2 more meals out of it- talk about a budget meal!
Apr 27, 2011
I've been looking for an easy ground beef and pasta recipe that my family likes. This is it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.