Double Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and extract until smooth. Spread over the bottom of pastry shell.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Mash 2 cups blueberries and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar substitute. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining blueberries. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 231 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Aug 25, 2013
This is a favorite when I can get fresh blueberries to top the pie with, haven't tried it with all frozen blueberries. We like the texture and flavor of the fresh berries as the top layer. I use a graham cracker crust when time is short. My sister requests this pie and offers to supply the berries if I will make it.
Jul 31, 2010
I love making this pie! It uses less blueberries than a baked pie but has a fantastic fresh taste. Everyone asks me for this recipe!
Mar 24, 2010
This pie is excellent. Takes a lot of blueberries and takes a little extra effort to make - but it is well worth it. The pie is rated as a favorite by everyone who has tasted it.