- 2 cups finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups crushed strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup crushed blackberries (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-2/3 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine jalapenos, strawberries and blackberries. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Reviews forDouble-Berry Jalapeno Jam
"Nice flavor not too hot. I used this in the Chutney Cheese Ball recipe found on this website (instead of the Mango). It would probably be good with pecans (I'll try that next time)."