Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, orange zest and berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cornflakes, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; stir in butter. Sprinkle over berry mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 14, 2009
This was very easy to make and my husband loved it.
Aug 4, 2009
Tip: Freezing blueberries. Never wash prior to freezing fresh blueberries.
Jun 1, 2009
This recipe is delicious and so simple. When I make it again, I am going to increase the amount of topping, though. My family prefers more topping than this recipe calls for.