- 2-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, milk, butter and 1 cup cheese. Stir in the onion, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated though. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDouble-Baked Mashed Potatoes
"I've made these for years but I used instant mashed potatoes since that's usually what I keep on hand anyway"
"Not dry like many twice baked potato dishes are. I left out the onions. It needed a little more flavor so I added a teaspoon of onion salt."
"Pretty good potato recipe. Next time I might try cooking the onions with the bacon like a previous reviewer did."
"That's supposed to be 5 star! Can't change it. Made this last night & it is yummy. Halved the recipe for the 2 of us, couldn't wait for company. Cooked the onion with the bacon. Also added a bit of green onion for colour. Will make again."
"Omg! My husband and boys gobbled this dish up and requested for more..yummy yummy."
"This is so good! This is my new favorite way to make these"
"These were fantastic! A great alternative to gravy. I used green onions for a milder onion flavor."
"I didn't peel my red potatoes, used garlic and onion powder, no onions. Also substituted McCormick Bac'n pieces instead of real bacon & Kraft 4 cheese shredded cheese instead of sharp. We loved it."