Double Apple Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, diced
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Sep 15, 2011
I like making this recipe in the autumn, when apples are nice and crunchy. I do make one change however, since my kids are averse to mayonnaise -- I use low fat vanilla yogurt instead. I'm sure that substitution would not be for everyone, but it works for us.
Dec 3, 2009
Easy. Delicious. I make this for church and many other people. Everyone eats it readily!