Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- BLOND LAYER:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tubes white decorating gel
- 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Spread over warm blond layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 36 rectangles (3-1/4x1 in.). With decorating gel, draw a line dividing each rectangle in half widthwise; attach baking bits with dabs of decorating gel to resemble dominoes.
1 each: 168 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.