Do-Ahead Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 package (8 ounces) thinly sliced fully cooked ham, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato patties in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with ham and 1 cup cheese. Combine milk, soup, egg substitute, mustard and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 122 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1/2 starch.
Nov 5, 2010
I made this for family that came in town to stay with us. I got compliments on it from them and my husband.
Jan 28, 2010
I make this recipe all the time. I followed the recipe exactly. But I've also used sausage. I've added green chilis and onions. I've used regular eggs. Always is a big hit and I never have any left.
Jul 14, 2009
What would the equivalent be for real eggs instead of 1 cup egg substitute?
Jul 24, 2008
this is a very tasty breakfast dish. but be sure that you plan ahead, because you have to do a little prep before you bake it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.