Dixie Herb Rub
My husband loves it when I season chicken with this flavorful blend, but it's also good with beef and pork. We like to slice the leftover meat for sandwiches the next day. —Traci K Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a covered container. Rub over poultry or meat before grilling, baking or broiling.
Nutrition Facts1 teaspoon: 4 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Dixie Chicken in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.