Disappearing Marshmallow Puffs
Kids love making these tasty treats for Sunday breakfast. While baking, the marshmallows melt and blend with the cinnamon-sugar.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll marshmallows in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place marshmallows at wide end of crescents. Fold corners over marshmallow. Roll up each triangle, beginning at the wide end. Pinch seams to seal. Dip bottom of dough in butter.
- Place butter, side down, in ungreased muffin cups. Place muffin pans on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over puffs. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Disappearing Marshmallow Puffs in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.