Dirty Ice Cream
A favorite of my husband's, this easy recipe comes from my sister-in-law.—Nora Troyer, Franklin, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional cookies, halved and/or crushed, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and cookies. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional cookies and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 248 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Dirty Ice Cream in Country Woman May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.