VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (16 ounces) cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional cookies, halved and/or crushed, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and cookies. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional cookies and mint if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Dirty Ice Cream in Country Woman May/June 1997, p35