Dirty Banana Trifle
What could be better than bananas, cookies and Kahlua? You can adjust this to suit your taste, depending on whether you like a stronger or weaker Kahlua flavor. —Laurie Handlin, Ocean View, Delaware
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups Kahlua (coffee liqueur), chilled
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 9 whole chocolate graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 5 medium bananas, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, beat 1 package cream cheese and 1 can condensed milk until blended. Beat in Kahlua, 1/2 cup milk and chocolate pudding mixes until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in 1 carton whipped topping, then chocolate graham crackers. Set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, beat remaining package cream cheese and can condensed milk until blended. Beat in remaining 2 cups milk and banana pudding mixes until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in 1 carton whipped topping, vanilla wafers and bananas.
- 3. Spread chocolate pudding mixture in the bottom of a 6- or 7-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl. Layer with 1-1/2 cups whipped topping and banana pudding mixture; top with remaining 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Garnish with additional wafers, crushed chocolate graham crackers and sliced bananas before serving.
1 cup: 381 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 4, 2019very ice
May 13, 2019Not sure what cost $65 to make, mine was under $25, and that was with added cups and spoons. I followed recipe except I bought small plastic single scoop size cups. I then assembled them with a vanilla wafer in bottom of cup, piped layer of coffee/chocolate pudding Then whipped cream, banana pudding, then whipped cream and sprinkled with chocolate jimmies. Makes about 4-5 dozen. Dollar store sells mini silver or gold spoons. You could use a wide oversized shot glass. Everyone loved individual cups. A little more work but was a hit!
May 8, 2019I would have given it a higher rating, but I cannot afford to spend around $50 to make ONE Dessert! It's just like the white chocolate raspberry layered truffle mousse dessert, that I committed to, cost me $65 to buy the ingredients! Some of us cannot, or just WON'T, spend that kind of money on a dessert recipe we have never even tasted!!
May 5, 2019Loved the addition of Kahlua! It gives a nice new spin on the usual banana pudding (which is great already!). Be sure to allow enough time for it to chill overnight, so that the vanilla wafers achieve the correct temperatue. I also sprinkled some chopped pecans over the top for additional texture and flavor. It was an excellent dessert!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC