- 1 package (16 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 container (12 ounces) non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 new clay flower pots, about 6 inches in diameter
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Silk flowers
- Plastic garden utensils, optional
- Line flower pots completely with foil; set aside. Crush cookies until they resemble potting soil. Place 1 cup crumbs (or more) in each flower pot; set aside. Cream the cheese, margarine, sugar and vanilla together until blended; set aside. Combine pudding mix and milk; fold in whipped topping. Gently fold cheese and pudding mixtures together. Pour half the mixture into each flower pot. Top with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover with foil; refrigerate. When ready to serve, remove foil; top with silk or plastic flowers whose stems have been wrapped in foil. Display with plastic gardening tools, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forDirt Cake
"Exactly how I remembered it. You can have ANYTHING in moderation,especially when you try to add more natural ingredients. This is a dessert recipe!!! Its delicious!!!"
"I love this cake from my childhood, but I don't like all the chemicals and weird stuff that is in most of these ingredients. I used organic Newman's own oreo-like cookies, organic cream cheese, local organic milk from pastured cows, and made my own whipping cream (I stabelized it with gelatin so it would last for the day). I was able to find organic instant pudding that didn't have chemicals in it, and I used organic unbleached powdered sugar (half the reccomended amount, so I ended up only using 1/4 cup. It was fine). If you use this sugar make sure to sift it before you use it, it's much clumpier than the bleached kind. I left out the butter. I halfed the recipe because no one really needs to eat more than a few spoonfuls of this stuff and we only had 10 people at the party, half of them were kids. I used organic, sugar free gummy worms made with fruit juice. And nasturtiums and pansies instead of fake flowers. Everyone loved it and there were no weird chemicals! A treat is ok once in awhile :) Not all Americans are obese."
"I love this site."
"We made this for my sons birthday activity.THE KIDS LOVED IT!!"
"I used 1 lemon sugar free pudding and 1 vanilla sugar free, which added a wonderful touch. I wouldn't think of chocolate and Lemon together, but it was a real hit."
"Great!!!Hard very hard to put the spoon down!The whole family just loved it.This is a keeper"