Dipped Vanillas Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Beat first four ingredients until blended. Whisk together flour and cornstarch; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies partway in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 72 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Vanillas
"I'd made recipe recently and I DID adjust the recipe by substituting almond extract for the vanilla extract and adding 1/4 tsp. salt. I'd used 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1-1/2 tsp. shortening for the glaze. These cookies came out really nicely, too! I shared them with one of my neighbors and also our Social Hour! They were enjoyed very much! delowenstein"