Dipped Spice Cookies
A hint of orange and a sprinkling of spices lend old-fashioned goodness to these delightful treats. The logs are dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with nuts for a special look.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger and orange zest until combined. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with walnuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
2 each: 110 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 27, 2011
These are delicious. My niece made them for Christmas.
Oct 14, 2010
very easy to make, great flavor.Awesome autumn cookie!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC