Dipped Pecan Spritz
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- Colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, pecans and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3/4 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Melt vanilla chips and remaining shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies halfway in semisweet mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Dip remaining cookies halfway in vanilla mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and sprinkle coated area with colored sprinkles. Let harden.
Dec 8, 2015
These are my husband's favorite Christmas cookie! But I discovered that the pecans have to be ground very fine to squeeze well out of the cookie press. I have since scrapped that and now roll the dough into small balls, flatten them slightly then bake as usual. I dip half of the baked cookie in the melted chocolate drizzle and then let set. Yummy! And so much less frustrating.
Jun 3, 2010
I have made these cookies a few times. Make them every christmas, the bad thing on these cookies, you can't stop at two or three, you want to eat more and more. I have made them plain without the chocolate and the rest with chocolate, you must try these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.