Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 30 round butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup white, semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a double boiler over simmering water or in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip sandwiches in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 15 sandwich cookies.
1 sandwich cookie: 151 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
"You can also make these with almond bark chocolate flavored coating. Melting directions are on the packaging."
"These were so simple and delicious. My sons friend said they tasted like Keebler!"
"My son turned me on to these cookies over the holidays. He had some at a friend's house and raved about them. He told me how they were made, but it seemed to simple - it just couldn't be that easy. Well, I was wrong! After looking on the internet, I found this recipe, which matched what he told me. After making them, I definitely know why he raved!! These are great!! I've made them several times since the holidays (and this is only March), and I'm making them again this weekend. YUM!"
"I was impressed that she actually remembered what type of cookies that I brought the year before."
"I have made somelike these a number of times, using original Ritz crackers, peanut better (some smooth & some chunky), and some squares of white chocolate, and some of milk chocolate. They are yummy!!! I took them to a cookie exchange party last Christmas, and when invited back this year, the host told me that those chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies was the most liked cookies that she has ever received at her cookie exchange parties. She told me that her husband and son do not care too much for real sweet snacks, but these are perfect because the salt from the Ritz & peanut butter tones down the sweetness of the chocolate."