Nibbling on my nutty confections has long been a Christmas tradition. Even after our seven children moved away, they'd still ask me to send batches to them each December.
Recommended: Homemade Valentine’s Day Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3-3/4 cups (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to shape. Shape into 2-in. logs; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip one end of each log into chocolate or drizzle chocolate over logs. Return to waxed paper-lined sheet; chill until chocolate is set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Peanut Butter Logs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p38
Reviews forDipped Peanut Butter Logs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2015
"Was something left out of the directions? You state simply to "shape into 2" logs." Do you mean 2" diameter? And then cut into 48 pieces?"