Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 to 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually stir in biscuit mix and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 191 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 3, 2017
These dipped cookies are so yummy!!
Jun 12, 2015
Very bland. :(
Jul 28, 2013
My kids have taken this recipe to our county fair. It has judged well! Delicious and easy to make!
Dec 19, 2009
I make these cookies every year for Christmas. It's not only a family favorite, but our friends can't get their fill of them either.I never bothered to flatten them and they still turn out great. However, I top rack bake only as the bottoms tend to over brown.