Baking mix makes these soft, moist cookies a snap to stir-up, yet they're pretty enough for parties. "I'm often asked to bring them to wedding and baby showers, and they're popular around the holiday's, too. I sometimes mix the dough the day before and chill it until I have to bake the cookies."
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 to 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually stir in biscuit mix and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p28
Reviews forDipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2017
"These dipped cookies are so yummy!!"
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2015
"Very bland. :("
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2013
"My kids have taken this recipe to our county fair. It has judged well! Delicious and easy to make!"