Dipped Macaroons Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: About 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hershey's raspberry chips with semisweet chocolate.
1 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Macaroons
"Out of all the recipes on this site I chose this one, not really sure why. Well, I am soooo glad I did. Incredible. I dipped them half of the way in chocolate so the chocolate sauce was enough for 2 batches. It was also a lot easier to handle during the dipping. So good thanks. So easy too! I made them while my sister was over w her 3 yr.old twins and new baby (and her dog) and my two children. In other words it was quick and didn't take much concentration:))"