- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups raspberry chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine raspberry chips and shortening. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: About 3 dozen.
Reviews forDipped Macaroons
"Out of all the recipes on this site I chose this one, not really sure why. Well, I am soooo glad I did. Incredible. I dipped them half of the way in chocolate so the chocolate sauce was enough for 2 batches. It was also a lot easier to handle during the dipping. So good thanks. So easy too! I made them while my sister was over w her 3 yr.old twins and new baby (and her dog) and my two children. In other words it was quick and didn't take much concentration:))"