- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 14-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forDipped Gingersnaps
"We really enjoyed the flavor of ginger with white chocolate. Very Tasty!"
"I made these today, Just 18 of them wrapped and put the rest of the cookie dough in the freezer for later,They are good, But mine didn't flatten out.. What did I do wrong?? I baked them for the 12 minutes. Please help,.."
"The cookies were great. Although I prefer a bit more spice. Thanks for the hint of melting the white chocolate chips I a small crock pot was so much easier and don't have worry about them Just don't use shortening."
"These cookies are a hit where ever I serve them, with or without being dipped!"
"I've been making those cookies for year. The addition of white chocolate totally blew me away.""
"My husband enjoys these spicy cookies with or without the coating"
"These are the best Ginger snaps I have ever made. My family is crazy about them. They like them without the dip but at Christmas i always dip them."
"How many cookie recipe has been posted?"
"These are always a favorite and requested often! I melt the chips in a mini crockpot and it works beautifully!"