- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Remove from the heat; dip cookies halfway into chocolate. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forDipped Coconut Shortbread
"I've made these cookies several years now for Valentines Day and everyone loves them! I always use a heart- shaped cookie cutter and they turn out really cute - thanx so much for this fantastic recipe... It's a keeper!"