Dipped Brownie Pops
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes16 brownie pops
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 16 wooden pop sticks
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Assorted sprinkles, chopped pecans and/or miniature marshmallows
- Line a 8- or 9-in. square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for the size baking pan you used. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownie out of pan; remove foil. Cut brownie into sixteen squares. Gently insert wooden pop stick into the side of each square. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- Dip eight brownies halfway into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip remaining brownies halfway into white chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Place in bags and fasten with twist ties or ribbon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie pop: 293 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2014
What an awesome idea - I'm going to do this for our next fundraiser - it is so easy I used parchment paper instead of foil but that is the only difference - great ida