I had to have a quick fundraiser at school for a student organization, so I made these brownie pops. The kids loved them and I sold over 200 hundred in an afternoon. For s'mores brownie pops, add crushed graham crackers to the dipped chocolate. —Jamie Franklin, Murtaugh, Idaho
Featured In: 23 Recipes for Classroom Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 16 wooden pop sticks
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Assorted sprinkles, chopped pecans and/or miniature marshmallows
- Line a 8- or 9-in. square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for the size baking pan you used. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownie out of pan; remove foil. Cut brownie into sixteen squares. Gently insert wooden pop stick into the side of each square. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- Dip eight brownies halfway into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip remaining brownies halfway into white chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Place in bags and fasten with twist ties or ribbon if desired. Yield: 16 brownie pops.
Originally published as Dipped Brownie Pops in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p286
Reviews forDipped Brownie Pops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2014
"What an awesome idea - I'm going to do this for our next fundraiser - it is so easy I used parchment paper instead of foil but that is the only difference - great ida"