Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min.
- 16 to 20 green onions
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 32 slices white or wheat bread, crusts removed
- Melted butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cut green tops off onions; set aside. Chop enough of the remaining onions to measure 1/2 cup.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are tender. Add cream cheese and seasonings; stir over low heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture on each slice and roll up. Place in a single layer on greased baking sheets. Freeze for 30 minutes. Frozen unbaked roll-ups may be stored in airtight containers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Brush with melted butter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut reserved onion tops in half lengthwise. Place in boiling water for 1 minute; drain and cool. Tie a strip around each roll-up.
Jul 9, 2013
These diploma roll-ups were delicous, everyone at the graduation party loved them and asked for the recipe. We all had ideas for different flavors - brocolli & cheddar, ham & swiss, bacon & apple....
Oct 19, 2011
Ive made these a few times now and everyone always loves them...we never have any left!! great appetizer!
Jun 30, 2009
Where's the recipe measurements?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.