- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into four strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown tenderloins on both sides. Cool slightly.
- Carefully cut a slit down the side of each pepper and remove seeds. Fill each with one tenderloin; top each with 2 tablespoons cheese and a strip of cream cheese. Close peppers; wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, slit side up. Top with remaining cheddar cheese; bake until browned and peppers are tender, 25-30 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings
Reviews forDinner Poppers
"These were very good. Super easy to clean out the poblanos; they seemed a little larger than the ones pictured in the recipe. I used sauteed chicken tenders (NOT the breaded kind!) and put just a little more chicken in the pepper than called for (hungry guys in my house!). I needed to cook them about 15 minutes longer than called for in the original recipe to get the peppers fully cooked and soft."