- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 eggs
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown the beef and onion; drain. Add the next nine ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil; cook an stir for 2 minutes. Pour into an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Combine potatoes and eggs; mix well. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forDinner in a Dish
"This comforting all-in-one dish taste soooo good!!"
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this over and over again, and there is never any left. Don't change a thing!"
"It was okay. Not a bad tasting dish, but there was too much meat and too much tomatoes for my taste."
"This is delicious. I like to make dirty mashed potatoes for on top (using cooked, not peeled red skin potatoes and preparing them with milk and butter)"