Dilly Yeast Muffins Recipe
Diane Armstrong snips fresh dill from her herb garden in Elm Grove, Wisconsin to add savory flavor to her light and golden no-knead muffins.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup small-curd 2% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. heat the cottage cheese to 110° -115° add to yeast mixture. Add egg, butter, onion, dill, sugar, salt and baking soda; beat well. Beat in 1 cup flour. Stir in remaining flour (do not knead). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir batter down. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray half full. Cover and let rise until batter reaches top of cups, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 17 muffins.
1 each: 88 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Dilly Yeast Muffins
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC