Dilly Vegetable Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) plus 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 medium dill pickles, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 pound American cheese, diced
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the next five ingredients; mix well. Stir in tomato, pickles, green pepper, onion, ham and cheese. Chill. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 50 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 15, 2017
I like the versatility of this recipe, and how quickly it comes together. As a sandwich filling it lasted us for days!
Nov 1, 2014
I love this - I did substitute salami for the ham and used a shredded cheddar - just to make it easier. This is delicious =- love the pickle juice
May 21, 2014
I've made this several times. It's so good! I made it for a baby shower and all there went Wild over this! If you like Dill pickles then try this. Trust me you won't be sorry you did!
Jun 25, 2009
This appeared in TOH a number of years ago and I made it for a bridal shower. Since then, every time my oldest daughter returns home with her family, it is one of her requested foods for their visit.