Dilly Stuffed Potatoes
Dill weed and cream cheese give these twice-baked potatoes a tangy taste that makes them a little different. To get a head start, stuff the potato shells beforehand and put them in the fridge. Then finish baking close to dinnertime.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with cheddar cheese, cream cheese and dill. Stir in the bacon and reserved onion mixture. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 632 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.