Dilly Stuffed Potatoes
Dill weed and cream cheese give these twice-baked potatoes a tangy taste that makes them a little different. To get a head start, stuff the potato shells beforehand and put them in the fridge. Then finish baking close to dinnertime.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with cheddar cheese, cream cheese and dill. Stir in the bacon and reserved onion mixture. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 632 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Baked Potatoes in Country Woman September/October 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.