VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 dill sprigs
- 2 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced green onion
- Place the lemon slices, onions and dill sprigs in a foil-lined baking pan. Top with fish fillets; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Red Snapper in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p12