Dilly Pea Salad
Dilly Pea Salad dresses up peas in a deliciously different way. "I got the recipe for this refreshing salad from my best friend when I was a young bride," relates Rita Applegate of La Mesa, California. I've shared it with many people over the years."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoon sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add peas; toss. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 123 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Jan 22, 2010
The flavors dodn't blend well and it was runny, maybe some modification, not sure what?
Jul 4, 2008
Took this dish to a 4th July picnic ;ast year where it was well received. Plan to take again tomorrow, doubling the amount.