Dilly Ham and Eggs
I created this recipe as a way to combine ham and eggs in one dish. Everyone agrees the results are mouthwatering. They especially like the blend of seasonings.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, saute ham, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and milk; mix in the next eight ingredients. Pour into the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set. Top with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 221 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 254mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Dilly Ham and Eggs in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.