Dilly Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 1. Pound chicken to flatten evenly; set aside. In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter; add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon dill. Add chicken; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 595 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1015mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Dilly Chicken Sandwiches
"These are amazing sandwiches. The flavor is delicious and they are fairly simple to prepare. I will definitely make this again- they so delicious!"
"A favorite with my family especially my teenage sons. My oldest asked for the recipe when he moved out on his own."
"This was awesome... my husband and I will definitely make this one again!"