- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic and dill in 3 tablespoons butter for 1 minute; Add chicken; cook over medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining dill; spread on one side of grilled bread. Place lettuce, chicken and tomato on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dilly Chicken Sandwiches
"These are amazing sandwiches. The flavor is delicious and they are fairly simple to prepare. I will definitely make this again- they so delicious!"
"didn't have french bread, so used pita bread. even without the grilled cruch, this was fantastic! will definately make again."
"A favorite with my family especially my teenage sons. My oldest asked for the recipe when he moved out on his own."
"This was awesome... my husband and I will definitely make this one again!"