Dilly Chicken and Potatoes
When our sons were growing up, sitting around the table and enjoying good meals like this was a family pastime. That traditional continues whenever they come to visit.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken and potatoes in oil for 10-15 minutes. Remove chicken and potatoes; set aside.
- 2. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. To drippings, add cream, salt and pepper; stir to mix. Return chicken and potatoes to skillet. Sprinkle with onions and dill. Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
- 3. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and potatoes to a serving platter; keep warm. Add sour cream to pan; stir to mix and heat through. Serve with chicken and potatoes.
14 ounce-weight: 480 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC