Dilly Chicken and Potatoes
When our sons were growing up, sitting around the table and enjoying good meals like this was a family pastime. That traditional continues whenever they come to visit.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken and potatoes in oil for 10-15 minutes. Remove chicken and potatoes; set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings. To drippings, add cream, salt and pepper; stir to mix. Return chicken and potatoes to skillet. Sprinkle with onions and dill. Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and potatoes to a serving platter; keep warm. Add sour cream to pan; stir to mix and heat through. Serve with chicken and potatoes.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 480 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Dilly Chicken and Potatoes in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.