Dilly Cheese Soup Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 to 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the cheese and sour cream; heat and stir just until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Editor's Note: Recipe can be easily doubled.
1 cup: 307 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.