Dilly Cheese Ring with Spinach Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes12-16 servings (3 cups dip)
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package vegetable soup mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- For dip, in a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, butter, dill and garlic powder. Cut each biscuit in half; arrange half of the pieces in an ungreased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm with spinach dip.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 179 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 7, 2014
Hello llangford14 I use Knorr dry vegetable soup mix when I make this recipe. No cans, comes in a packet in the area of the dry Lipton soup mixes. Delicious! Enjoy!!
Feb 7, 2014
What kind of can of soup do u use? Help please need to make for sat
Dec 28, 2012
I LOVE this spinach dip. I have made it on numerous occasions. I haven't tried to make the cheese ring yet - I just cut up rye, pumpernickel and sourdough breads into cubes to dip.
Jun 23, 2012
Loved this recipe my daughter-in-law made at a baby shower. Made it at home and now will make it again and again.
Jul 20, 2011
I have used this recipe several times and it has always been a great hit. Fantastic!!!