- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour
- Soften yeast in water; set aside. In mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, soda and egg. Mix until blended. Stir in softened yeast. Gradually add flour to form stiff dough. Cover; let rise in warm place for about 1 hour. Stir down dough. Turn into well-greased 8-in. round casserole, about 1- to 1-1/2-quart size. Let rise 30-40 minutes. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. Brush with additional butter. Cut in wedges to serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forDilly Casserole Bread
"I have used this recipe many times and it is a very special bread and is great with any kind of Italian casseroles"