Dilly Casserole Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Soften yeast in water; set aside. In bowl combine cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill seed, salt, soda and egg. Mix until blended. Stir in yeast. Gradually add flour to form stiff dough. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 1 hour.
- Stir down dough. Turn into well-greased 8-in. round baking dish, about 1- to 1-1/2-qt. size. Let rise for 30-40 minutes. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes. Brush with additional butter. Cut in wedges.
Feb 10, 2019
I love this bread. My mom made it when I was young and I tried this recipe and it tastes just like hers. I inherited her recipe boxes but this recipe wasnt there so I am glad i found this one.
Mar 25, 2008
I have used this recipe many times and it is a very special bread and is great with any kind of Italian casseroles